Monday, August 17, 2009

I keep getting this prompt: "This operartion has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect o

I get this only when I try to run my Norton AntiVirus 2005. It hasn't affected any other thing. Not my IE I can still access my control panel freely. it's just the AntiVirus. It's on my home computer running WinXP Pro. How can I correct this because I don't want to run my computer without virus protection.



Thanks



I keep getting this prompt: "This operartion has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computervista



Run antivirus with the disk at boot up . It sounds like a virus has gotten in and is keeping Norton from running. Norton 2005 is Bootable



So shut down your systme go to bios and set first boot device to cd rom. place disk in cdrom and restart it should boot to norton and run virus check berfore entering windows op sys.



I keep getting this prompt: "This operartion has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computerantispyware



I don't understand what you mean by run, because Norton AV should automatically start when you boot up your computer. In order to install Norton you need to be logged on to an account that has administrative privileges. This can be easily checked opening Users Accounts in the control panel.



edit: prsctboy makes a good point. A virus can do this sort of thing if your computer got infected before you installed norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment