Friday, August 21, 2009

Problem with Norton Antivirus 2005?

A message poped up when I opened Microsoft Office, "Norton Antivirus 2005 does not support the repair feature. Please uninstall and reinstall." So, I tried to remove it using add/remove program, but my PC automatically shut down and restart. Why???



I cannot run NAV as well where the message appeared, "This application has failed because cll30.dll was not found, reinstalling the application may fix the problem. After I closed that message boox, another one poped up, " Unable to start the Integrator. Please reboot and try again. If this fails, please contact technical support."



I suspect that my PC is being infected by virus, What should I do? I cannot download any other AV software although I have no problem to access to internet. And, I cannot access to my yahoo mailbox also.... HELP!!!



Problem with Norton Antivirus 2005?adware



Either your NAV is corrupted or you have been attacked by some virus.



First of all remove the item NAV from your startup list, ( press the button "Start" -- "Run" - type "msconfig" -- go to "startup" tab -- uncheck everything related to Nav)



Then delete the folder containing NAV (where you have installed the NAV program).



Then using a registry cleaning software, remove all the registries related to NAV. Then your PC will be completely free of NAV (as if you never installed it).

No comments:

Post a Comment