Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is it worth upgrading Norton Antivirus from 2005 to 2007?

I have been using norton antivus 2005 and yesterday my years subscription ran out. I need to renew it and it says it will cost me 拢21 for another years worth of updates for 2005 version. Yet I can upgrade to the 2007 version for 拢30.



Only 拢9 extra, but is it worth the money?



Is it worth upgrading Norton Antivirus from 2005 to 2007?kawasaki



Hey,



It not worth running Norton. However, since you have it, you should keep your software updated not upgraded. Updating your AV software is enough to keep your computer safe.



We recommend Trend AV or Symantec AV. See our links page.



Is it worth upgrading Norton Antivirus from 2005 to 2007?nortan antivirus



Try AVG anti virus, its totally free and better too, free updates and warnings also !.
I think AVG is just as good and the other free ones, I used to use Norton at 拢25 a year and I still got viruses.
no dont upgrade they both same
no.ive found norton doesnt work.
Hi Joe



To be honest with you dude, if you have Service Pack 2 loaded onto you PC and you get updates put on automatically. All you need is AVG 7 Free edition and it won't cost you anything for security. Also Avast Home edition is free and is fantastic at preventing problems.



Glad to help a fellow IT dude.



theluckyhedgehog
I currently use a corporate version of McAfee, but I would never buy McAfee or Norton, the manufacturers pack for too many unwanted features and thus produce products that grab resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment