Monday, August 17, 2009

Norton Internet Security 2006 made my computer move at a snail's pace?

I recently upgraded from Norton Antivirus 2005 and now I have Norton Internet Security 2006 on my pc with Windows 98 installed. Since the upgrade it takes at least 1000% longer in time to boot up and also to log on to the internet. I know of a free antivirus program from Avast.com and I think it may be better to replace the Norton with it. Has anyone had any experience with Avast? The Norton 2005 had less security features than the new 2006 program and now I believe my pc is overwhelmed even though I had enough capacity to load the 2006 software. My son has used Avast and he says it can't hurt to try it. I'm a little leery and think since it is a free program that I might be inundated with all kinds of spam. Has any user of Avast out there had any security problem or dissatisfaction with Avast?



Norton Internet Security 2006 made my computer move at a snail's pace?virus removal



Norton sucks.....there have been major problems with both Norton 2005 and 2006 versions...our recommendation would be to totally remove the Nortons from your system. Steer clear of the free AV progs as these will not protect your pc properly.



Here in Australia we have always used and recommended the VET AntiVirus.The company that makes VET have just released the Etrust Internet Security Suite which contains the VET AV prog,email spam filter ,Zone Alarm Firewall and Pest Patrol spyware removal prog. The Etrust will consume less system resources than the Nortons will and will not slow down your pc

No comments:

Post a Comment