Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is Norton Antivirus that good??? I really need answers please!!!!!?

I have the Norton Antivirus 2005, my question is does this virus protect my personal information, emails, files, etc from hackers or any other threat to my privacy???



I really wanna know, because yesterday I got an email from a complete stranger and plus a pervert psycho, who named himself Greg but the name in the email adress was some "hugo vadillo".



IN SHORT, I totally freaked out!!! He said he knew about me because he saw my yahoo profile, what the hell did he mean by that???



I dont know what to do, please tell me what do you think, please!!!



And tell me if this good-for-nothing antivirus of mine protects me from this kind of things...



Is Norton Antivirus that good??? I really need answers please!!!!!?network security



First you need to understand one basic fact about emails. Nothing can protect you against unwanted emails except you. Allowing your email address to become public is your fault. It is your responsibility to protect that address. No program can do that for you, not even Anti Spam programs. They simply try to identify spam and prevent it from going to your Inbox by sending it to a Spam or Bulk folder.



No program, website, web service (like Yahoo) is responsible to protect you from the Internet. That is on your shoulders and yours only.



Norton AntiVirus 2005 can help protect you from Viruses if you use it properly. If you rely on that Norton program as your only protection, you are asking for serious trouble. You not only need the Norton but Antispyware programs and a good Firewall.

No comments:

Post a Comment