Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My norton antivirus(2005) is spamming me with virus alerts. How do I make it stop?

I have literately been clicking the "ok" button for more than an hour. Let say an average of about 3 clicks per sec, so over 5400 infected files. Most of the files are deleted automatically. So I am more patient than some, my finger is sore, and I just want back my normal life. Can someone help me?



My norton antivirus(2005) is spamming me with virus alerts. How do I make it stop?computer security



Turn off the alerts... update your virus definitions... disconnect your internet connection... then run a FULL system virus scan... restart your computer



If that doesn't work... then there is a serious problem - take it to someone like a best buy or other technician



My norton antivirus(2005) is spamming me with virus alerts. How do I make it stop?free spyware remobal



Disable the alerts box on the settings
Turn off the alerts. You don't have 5400 infected files, or your computer wouldn't still be running. Norton has the problem. Either update it to 2006 or 2007, or uninstall it and get one of the good free ones, Avast or AVG.
Shutdown Norton and do a free online scan at eTrust.



http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virus...



You are getting the alerts because it is picking up viruses. You are going to have to get it cleaned so the alerts will stop. It is doing its job so telling it not to notify you in some way is not recommended.



You might also try hijackthis.



Download HijackThis---http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/progr... Run and Save a Log. When you log comes up copy and paste the entire log at http://www.hijackthis.de/ . Analyze your results. You will then get a screen that will tell you if you have any nasty stuff in your computer. Follow instructions to deal with any nasties. CAUTION: This is a very powerful tool. Be careful.
you shouldnt use norton 2005



u should update it regularley



im not familier with norton but you should use 2006 or 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment